Sewing Circle

The first Sewing Circle takes place on the 13th January 2010. Its members are united by the act of sewing where ever in the world they may be.
If we are successful there will be more sewing themes and dates.
If it goes very well there will be an exhibition. And perhaps a book.

Monday, 18 January 2010



Cassandra sewed along at the Merchants Wharf, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK between 6pm to 9:30pm (although I'm told she took time out for dinner during that period).

"My life seems to revolve around making. Knitting, printing, sewing, drawing...even coming up with creative solutions to solve problems. And I am lucky enough to be able to do these things and talk about these things with friends and other amazing creative types. So even though most of my work is done in solitary, the work itself is usually being made for someone else, whether that it a commissioned artwork or a customer or a gift for a loved one. If you look closely at the stitching, you will notice some of the stitches have been pulled out, some of it is a bit wonky and messy. I am not completely tidy and feel a bit frazzled at times. I wanted the work to reflect this."

www.cassandraharrison.co.uk
www.geehowquaint.com

And a big hello, from me, to the other Newcastle Craft Mafia members.

No comments:

Post a Comment